Monday, January 20, 2014

Katie is loving her some Jenna!

alright, so to sum up jennas baptism in one word for you: perfect. i don't think i've ever smiled so much in my entire life :) that woman is near and dear to my heart. 
since we only had a week to plan everything out for it, it was a little hectic but it all came together and was amazing. jenna was SO excited and nervous about everything; it was the cutest thing i've ever seen! she was walking around in her white jumpsuit with black heels on..hilarious! she didn't want the water in the font to be cold so we were boiling HUGE pots of water one after another and throwing them in there lol. 
Jenna, her daughters and her brother Arnold

all of her family was there and it's a good thing because the spirit was strong. bishop got up and said to her husband "you need to follow the wonderful example of your wife so that you can baptize your own children when the time comes." i wish i could be that bold sometimes. it was powerful. 
a ton of people from the ward came to support her and she was justa beaming :) they had cookies and little snacks for everyone to have since it was AFTER church at 1. i love this ward and how much they help us missionaries. 
oh, president and sister hobbs even ended up coming!!! 
Jenna in her heels!

my favorite thing is when we ring the doorbell at jenna house and the kids look outside and scream "mooooom, church girls are here!!!" hahah you ain't playin we're here :))


i don't have a lot of time to write today...federal holidays are the worrrrst :( so this funny poem my comp showed me can explain mission life almost perfectly:
A mission is a strange experience
It is a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst
Yet, teaches you the best.
I've never been so happy,
I've never been so depressed.
I've never felt so forsaken,
I've never felt so blessed.
I've never been so confused,
Things have never been so clear.
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant,
He's never been so near.
I've never been so discouraged,
I've never been so full of hope.
I feel I could go on for forever,
I think I've come to the end of my rope.
I've never had it quite so easy,
I've never had it quite so tough.
Things have never been so smooth,
Things have never been so rough.
I've never traveled through more valleys,
I've never ascended more peaks.
I've never met so many nice people.
I've never met so many freaks!
I've never had so many ups,
I've never had so many downs.
I've never worn so many smiles,
I've never had so many frowns.
I've never been so lonely,
I've never had so many friends.
BOY, I hope this is over soon,
GOSH, I hope this never ends.
random dream i had this week: i went to get a bowl for cereal in the cabinet and the bowls were no where to be found. sister howard (the member we live with) had MOVED all the cabinets around and i was tiiiiicked. seriously. i woke up sweatin' i was so mad hahah. yall know me and how much i HATE change hahha...speaking of which..

it's the last week of the transfer so we will be runnin' around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to see everyone we need to just in case we get moved. oh dear. i really love diamond bar & don't want to go :( good thing the lord knows more than me and will place me where i need to be though :) 


i wish i had more time to tell you all about my week, but luckily there's always next week :p love you guys!
-hugs-
sister toolan

PS: i met a member of the girl band "5th Harmony" at a church activity this week....she is MORMON!! who'd thunk it?!?! hahah only in california. 

No comments:

Post a Comment