Monday, April 7, 2014

Working Hard!

This past week at District Meeting our District Leader showed us this video.

As I sat with tears pouring I wrote in my study journal “Christ paid the ultimate price, had more trial and hurt than anyone, and after all was said and done he was resurrected into His perfect state. It’s the same with missionaries…we go through extremely tough times and then after we’ve learned all that we needed to, after the trial of our faith, our Sunday comes. We get to see that bright and perfect light again. In a way, we die and then we are resurrected. Missionary work will NEVER be easy. But our Sunday WILL come.”

I’ve come to understand how personal and individual the atonement was.

Alma 7:11-12 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

He HAD to suffer for each and every one of us so that He would know how to succor us, to comfort, recuse, aid, support, and relive us. We all are affected by things so differently. Isn’t it incredible to think He went through all He went through for YOU! No one else could’ve done what He did.

Sister Hansen!
We text Guillermo a text this week asking him a question and he responded with this: “I don’t remember…see what happens when you drink coffee for many years, you start to forget things…lol” hahahah HOW FUNNY! We watched conference with him and his wife and it was AWESOME!

We had 16 adults and tons of kids running around for Sundays conference, then we had foods galore just like the good ole days back home :)
Conference was AMAZING. The thing I got most from it was that we need to love people. We need to use that talent, that spiritual talent we have to build up the kingdom of God here on earth! I realized then that Heavenly Father was talking to me through His prophets and apostles. He was saying “Katie. QUIT thinking it’s so bad that you love people. That you’re sensitive. I saved you for these times because I loved that about you and knew you would be of worth when the world has so much hate it in.” I think we also need to see spiritual gifts as talents and work on them just like we would worldly talents. Spiritual gifts are from our Heavenly Father and those are precious to Him.

After spending a lot of time with complaining missionaries this week I have made it a personal goal to STOP complaining. It is so annoying. We should be thankful for the things we DO have instead of dwelling on all that we don’t have. Our moods affect others, so make sure you aren’t being a burden by being a negative nancy 24/7.
Talk about a huge lemon!

I heard at a BYU-I devo before leaving that “If you work your mission easy, it’ll be hard. If you work it hard, it’ll be easy.” I KNOW this is true. On days that I slack off and goof off I feel like it’s been such a loooooooong day and I’m more than tired. When I do all that I can and work my tail off it flies by like none other!!! It’s the same with anything though. Work, school, play. If we do what we have to do anyways and give it all we got then life will be enjoyable. We will know it was time well spent. It will be easy no matter what it thrown at us.

Be grateful. Smile. Share and embrace the gospel. I love yall.
-hugs-
Sister Toolan


Cute little kittys (I kissed them for you Cambell!)



Still being Katie:)


No comments:

Post a Comment