Wednesday, April 29, 2015

That's all folks!!!!!!!

Holy last email update to yall. After this I'll be texting/calling/Facetiming you. Blah. Such a bizarre thought. 

So, here's a small update from last week.

-It thundered for the first time since I think I've been in Cali......it was SICK!
-Got a picture with the Lucerne sign finally.
This sign says it all!

-While at a members house a 17 year old boy pantsed himself then freaked out going "oh my gosh. I forgot the sisters were here!" hahaha. 
-TRIED RABBIT. As in, we had it served to us for a meal. It was yummy. 
-Sister Brentlinger crushed my life by telling me that I was "slowly starting to look more like a Return Missionary than a current one." Said my "look" had deff changed since we 1st got together 3 months ago......THANKS!
-All of our Recent Converts and Returning Members had a temple baptism trip and they ALL brought their own family names. They loved it. The spirit was there. They want to go back ASAP. How wonderful? This is what it's all about, people.
-Hit my 18 month mark!
-A member in my ward threw me a little surprise lunch with all my loved ones here and from Bear Valley ward. It was super thoughtful and tears were most certainly shed.
-Had my departing interview with President Hobbs. Boy, am I thankful for that. I have been sooooooooo fine with going home ever since. He gave me a ton of advice, we talked some things through and I think I am on the right track to staying strong and living the truths I learned here. I GOT THIS.
-Sis B straight fell into our bushes walking in to our apt and it was almost as bad as me falling on my face while sitting on a bed. You probably can't picture it and that's probably for the better. hahaha.
-Got GORGEOUS pictures of the valley from a members house in the ward. Wow. This place really does have it's own kind of beauty.

-Every morning I look at my closet for like 20 mins just feeling frumpy and like I have NO clothes because I'm so bored with what I have been wearing for 18 months. The struggle is more than real. Good thing companions come with clothes ;p
-Twas WINDY like noneother here. For dayz.
Marilyn Monroe Picture!  Story of every sister missionary serving in the HiDesert life :)

-A Less Active/Nonmember that have never come to church the whole time I've been here CAME ON SUNDAY! They came because Elder Gropp and I sang a song that Sister B accompanied. It went well. :)
-A 6 year old in the ward during church opened his Book of Mormon, saw my little invite to my departing devotional, realized I was leaving soon and starting BAWLING hahahaha. So precious. SOOOOOOOOOO precious. 
-Got gifts, gifts and more gifts. People hook you up when you finna go home hahaha. 

This week is going to be crazy. I get to go to the temple with all the hooligans I go home with, we have lunch and dinner appts lined up for every single day and I get to see some of my loved ones from old areas the night before coming home. I know it's going to go way too fast, but I know it'll be the best. I look forward to seeing you all and telling you about my wonderful experiences here, but even moreso than that I'm looking forward to the day that I can stand before the Lord and give Him an accounting of my time spent devoted to Him and His work. I love my mission. 
Tizzard Family!


The words to this EFY song sum up how I feel quite perfectly:
I wish that we could make it last
A little longer
The time we had went by too fast
The bonds between us they've grown stronger
We walked along this road together now we can hold these moments forever

Every smile, every laugh, all the memories that we had
That's what I'm taking with me
Stronger faith, no more fear, yeah we started something here that will grow
That's what I'm taking with me when I go

Something happened in this place
It was amazing
Forever changing
The fire we felt can't be raised
It was a spark
And now it's blazing
Even when were far apart, the love we shared is written in our hearts

Every smile, every laugh, all the memories that we had
That's what I'm taking with me
Stronger faith, no more fear, yeah we started something here that will grow
That's what I'm taking with me when I go

The hope, the dreams, these are the days, 
The joy and the tears these are the days, these are the days we'll remember

Every smile, every laugh, all the memories that we had
And that's what I'm taking with me
Stronger faith, no more fear, yeah we started something here that will grow
That's what I'm taking with me when I go

I want to leave you all with my testimony that I know with every thing in me that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. I know that Christ stands at the head of it and leads it through modern day Prophets and Apostles. I know that Heavenly Father answers are prayers and that it's okay to doubt every now and then because it leads our to our knees in humble prayer conversing with the Lord. I know that through the beautiful power of the priesthood that families can be sealed for time and all eternity in the House of the Lord--The temple. I love my family. I love my Savior. I love the relationship that I now have with Him. I love knowing that just because I take off my badge soon and stop being a full time representative of the Church that I can still be a missionary. I know sharing the gospel blesses our lives. It changes our lives. It changes others. I know that I made promises with these people before this life to come find them and I have tried my hardest to not let any of them down. I will continue striving to be the best person I can be. I am so grateful for the prophet Joseph Smith who gave his life up for the gospel so that we could have it today. I know he saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. I know that every single one of you can know it as well--if you desire to enough and ask God yourself. I just had the BEST job in the world for 18 months. I love my calling. This is only the beginning. I am happy because of the gospel. I treasure my testimony. I always will. 
This was the "talking hat" during district meetings.  I had to wear it to speak!

I can honestly say that I feel I am leaving this area better than it was when I got here. That is a nice feeling. I have worked my tail off here. I've had my bad days, but I never once gave up on this place. I love it here. I am excited for the new sister that will get to come in and have so many exciting events coming up and people to work with. I hate that I am leaving my "home" now, but grateful to be coming back home. 
See yall................very soon. 
So...in the words of a wise 'Ashley White': 
BYE FELICIA. 

-Sister Toolan
Silly elders before meetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment