Monday, April 21, 2014

HELLO Hesperia, CA!!!!!!!!!!!!


This week was FAR from laid back, boring, or even normal for that matter.

For starters we went over to Jennas at a really bad/inspired time and ended up being there as her cat died. The whole family was a mess and it was hard because I had no idea what to say. I hate animals. Luckily, us missionaries come in two and Sister Hansen loves them and was able to share some words of comfort. I did ask what I could do to help though and no joke helped dig up a grave and then buried him. I guess there really is a first for everything? Her little boy kept running around asking if the cat was going to come back and be a zombie cat someday. Hilarious. That’s what video games will do to ya, kids!!!
Diamond Bar Missionaries

Thursday night we looked down and the “Assistants to the President” were calling us. Yeah, I knew it could only be bad. So they ended up asking me to train a new missionary. Well, finish train. They asked whether or not I was up to it all I said was “that poor girl.” I pretty much knew right then that meant I was getting transferred and whaddddaya know, I got transferred! HELLLLLLLLLLO Hesperia. Goodbye Diamond Bar :(

Sister Hansen took a picture of me while finding out about transfers

I will admit, leaving was so hard. I was/still semi am heartbroken. Having to tell the people I’ve been working with and seeing them upset killed me. Church Sunday was by far the hardest though. BUT! On the bright side I have never felt so loved in my whole entire life. I love that Heavenly Father sent me there. I love all of the things I learned from that ward. I also love that He obviously has so much trust in me right now with all of this responsibility. To say I’m not scared out of my wits would be a lie, but I know with His help I can accomplish what He sent me here to do. My new companion is Sister Treadwell and she is a doll. It’s going to be great!
I LOVE THIS FAMILY! They gave me two lava lavas as a going away gift :) 

2 Nephi 33:3 explains how I’m feeling perfectly.
But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.

I love the people I’ve met more than I ever thought I could love someone. I pray for them every single day. They are on my mind 24/7 trying to figure out how I can best help them and bring them closer to the Savior. When they hurt, I hurt. When they struggle, I feel their pain.

Told myself I’d save the Cheer Wine (Cherry Soda) emily sent as a birthday gift for a bad day…Sunday morning before church was deff an appropriate time to do so.


Ain't nobody messing with mah clique!

Brother Arnold made a comment this week that really made me think (in regards to us talking about caring for the people I’ve met). He said isn’t it crazy how much we can grow to love someone in such a short period of time? If we, as humans, have the capability to love like that when we barely even know the person, think about just how much Heavenly Father loves us considering He knows us SO well. Perfectly. Isn’t it wonderful to know that even when we feel like the world is against us, that the Savior and our Father in Heaven care so much about us? That they are rooting us on and doing ALL they can to help us out.

“When you fail to plan, you plan to fail!” Ain’t that the truth!!! As a missionary, we have to plan everythiiiiiiiiiiing, but we are also a lot more successful because of it. This applies to everything in life though. If you don’t plan to graduate high school, then you probably won’t do what it takes to get there. If you plan to get a job then you’ll probably make plans to go out and apply which will eventually get you a job! If we think about our lives, make goals, plan to succeed and to live up to our potential then we will.

Dad, you’ll be proud of me this week. I helped till someone’s yard!!! We looked like peasants out there working, but it was a darn blast! Thanks for teaching me to be a hard worker! Even though you didn’t think I knew how to work because I never would at the house….sorry about that lol, it’s just easier when it not YOUR house. :)
Workin it in the yard!
I love you all and can’t wait to fill you in on how everything is here in Hesperia next week:)

-hugs-
Sister Toolan




Us trying to get a picture with huge bubbles....FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment